Zuuuuumba! Zuuuumba!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Finally! I can exercise again. And I have been. And it's been glorious. Brian and I have worked out a schedule so I can work out 3 times a week. This week, I'll only go twice but that's because I decided to go to a free orchid care class that happens to fall at the same time as my class. That's ok though because yesterday's class kicked my butt. I'm actually sore today, which normally doesn't happen with zumba. Too bad this isn't a free class, or I would totally be going to this instructor more often.

So, as it stands... my free classes are Tuesdays and Saturdays. These are open to anyone, so let me know if you want to come and I'll PM you the address/times. I bought a LivingSocial zumba class, which was the one that killed me, so I'll get to go to that 7 more times by July 4th. After that, I'll probably switch to my neighborhood's zumba class, which is Mondays. Unfortunately, it costs $5, but that's still better than a gym membership.

Speaking of... I do plan to get one, just not until September. Kaylee will start going to school twice a week. One of those days, Liam will go to swim lessons. If I'm able to swing it, I'll go work out both days during the day. If not, then Brian and I will just need to come up with a revised schedule so I can go in the evenings.

I'm trying to walk around the block once a day. It's really all Liam will let me do. But at least it's something.

My final pregnancy weight was 180. UGH. I've never been that heavy and it really put a strain on my body. After I had Liam, I literally just lost his birth weight. A week later, I was down to 165, where I stayed for several weeks. I'm finally starting to see some movement in the scale though. I'm down to 162. Will I make it back down to 120? I don't know... but Brian got a new grill and is loving it, so here's to fresh grilled veggies and meat. :) I've cut way back on my carbs and only eat ice cream as my dairy. I know.. not the healthiest, but me giving up ice cream is like giving up water...

2 comments:

Rain said...

Yeah! That must be nice to be able to exercise again! You will lose the weight for sure

Mr & Mrs T. said...

I dunno... I had been struggling to lose 20lbs before I had Kaylee... We'll see how it goes. I'm hoping to get there within the next 12 months. That's a measly 3.5lbs a month, so I think that small goal is what I am going to concentrate on. I don't think that'll be bad with me still nursing.

Post a Comment