Over the last week, Kaylee has started to tell me when she is about to go... except, I didn't put two and two together until yesterday. Every time she said it, I would check her and she was clean. Then 10 minutes later, I'd have to change her.
So, I've been reading up on how to do this whole potty training thing. Nowhere does it explain how to do this with a 6 week old baby. LOL But, I'm going to give it a go. I have heard of a book called Toilet Training in a Day or something like that, but I never got around to ordering it. I've found similar info online though.
The good thing is our house is mostly tile, so I plan to roll up the rugs so if/when there's an accident, I won't have that added bonus.
I don't have any plans next week until Saturday, so I'm hoping to start first thing Monday morning.
Any tips?
2 years ago
4 comments:
With Sophie, I took the diapers off and went with training pants. NOT pull ups. Just fabric training pants, no plastic covers or anything. I figured that she needed to feel what was going on. I also didn't bother with anything at night. Now we were lucky and she just stopped going at night once she started training during the day - magical and bizarre but it worked.
I would suggest putting a potty in the toy room or wherever you spend most of your time. When she tells you she needs to go, put her on it and see what happens. Also put her on it as soon as she wakes up in the morning because everyone has to go then.
When she pees in her pants (and she will one million times!) never get angry. Just tell her that is what happens and that she doesn't wear diapers anymore and encourage her to remember the potty.
It sounds like she is ready and, if she is, you should make real progress within a matter of weeks. If it is extremely frustrating and she really doesn't seem to get it at all right now, go back to diapers and just don't mention it and then try again in a couple of weeks. Good luck!!
She pees A LOT at night, so I'm not sure I can risk that just yet.. especially since her room has carpet in it... although I guess Icould take the giant tarp we have and lay that down. LOL
I'm hoping not to buy any extra potties... I've read about putting one in each room, but that's expensive. We have a powder room right next to her toy room, so here's hoping that works.
I am also hoping not to use pull ups. That seems counterproductive.
I'm scared, yet excited about this. She isn't even two yet. It would be so nice to have only one kid in diapers (the majority of the time).
Oh no, not a bunch of them, just something in the general area where she spends most of her time so that you don't need to rush and miss it by virtue of it being too far away.
Sophie was trained by June the year she turned two so she was just 25 - 26 months and had it down cold. Now of COURSE it varies by kid but there is no reason that Kaylee couldn't be trained by now if she is ready to do it! Good luck!!!!
The only thing I worry about is that she's so tiny... even the step stool we have is a bit too short and I haven't found another safe, taller one yet. But, I think (hope) that since she's talking about it a lot, she's ready.. we'll find out next week when we spend that time working on it.
Post a Comment