I've been hearing a lot of buzz about the Play for All Park for probably the last 5 months or so. Today, I finally got the courage to go. By myself. With both kids. At 10am.
Let me explain why my plan was not executed very well. First of all... a very common "get together" time for moms groups is..... TEN AM. This place was crawling with kidlets, moms and strollers. Second of all... I had my Civic, which means putting a double stroller in there would require taking off some of the parts. It fit, damnit! But it took some pushing and prodding. :)~ Lastly, I was not prepared to deal with so many mentally challenged kids. Don't get me wrong, I was as nice as I could be. But, if they don't understand you, it's a little difficult to not grab your child and run away if they won't stop hitting/pushing/telling her no for no reason. It is a park for everyone and I hope I can learn how to communicate with them with the help of the teachers that bring the kiddos there.
So, this will be an educational experience for all involved. This place is awesome though. Everything is well laid out. There's a huge playscape that is every child's dream. There's a sand pit, which I hate, but whatever - we just won't play in it. There's tetter totters and things to climb, musical instruments and even a "town" for them to explore grocery stores and libraries, etc etc.
Now that I have ventured out there, I hope to make this a weekly occurrence. It's a great way to run Kaylee's little legs off, allow her to learn different things, including playing with others. The trick is to go super early to beat the crowds. Plus, summer is starting, so by 11:45, it was HOT. I need to also bring extra milk and water and maybe some snacks.
2 years ago
2 comments:
I would love to meet you there some weekend if you ever have time.
I am planning to take phene for the first time this Saturday morning.
Good luck! The next few weekends are booked with graduations and birthday parties. But, it sounds like a plan... especially if I can get Brian to stay home with the baby.. then I won't have to drag so much stuff (stroller) with me..
Post a Comment