Today, Austin passed a paper and plastic bag ban. It'll go into effect next March. Until then, there will be "education" programs going on. I've been using reusable bags for a few years now. However, I don't always remember to bring them. So, if I forget, now I'll have to turn around and go get them? Or pay a buck for each reusable bag. I'm a bit torn on this ban. Solely because I think there is another solution than an all out ban. Especially on paper. Paper is biodegradable, if I'm not mistaken........... ahem.
Kaylee took a few naps this week. WEEE! Most are thanks to my mother who basically forced her to go down. Literally fighting with the child while she screamed her little head off, kicking and hitting the walls or anything else that flew into the path of her octopus limbs. I swear, when she's mad, she grows a few extra appendages. This also means, I got a few naps this week. THANK GOODNESS. It was definitely one of the better times I've had with my mother in a long time. She was helpful, non-judgey and saw what a difficult time I was having trying to wrangle a toddler while dealing with all the joys of pregnancy pains. The bottom line, and I totally agree... the child still needs a nap. I just don't have the energy to fight for half an hour to an hour to get it. I don't think I'll have it when the new baby gets here either. I'm just not sure what I'm going to do.
20 or so days to go. 37 weeks tomorrow! The midwife said the baby could really come at any time. It's sitting really low. It'll also be nice when I can stop calling "it" It and call it by it's name. :p The wedding all three of us are in is next Saturday. After that, my plans go from "almost every day I have something I need to get done whether it's wedding related or not" to "I'm not leaving the house unless it's on fire"... the baby's room is wrecked, which isn't a huge deal since it won't be using it for a few weeks/months. But, my room, bathroom, laundry room and bathrooms are all gross as well. So, I need to clean and organize and get ready for this baby. I also need to make Kaylee's curtains and get her shelves hung. Her rug should be in next week.
This is the rug I got. It's prettier in person than on the site.
the purple one
Here's the fabric for the curtains and the possible paint color for the walls. I'm torn on that still. Once she gets actual bedding - that'll probably be purple. And when she gets a headboard/footboard/rails - it'll be black. On the shelves (black), the plan is ornamental grasses, an orchid and some other purple/yellow accessories. So, pretty much everything will pull from the curtains.
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment