The list of things I have to do before and for the wedding is catching up with me. I finally figured out what I'm going to do with my hair. I'm confident it'll look ok if I can tame it with bobbypins and hairspray. My dress alterations have been insane. I knew I should have listened to my gut and gotten a size or two up instead of 10 sizes up like the sales lady insisted. The poor girls have taken in at least 10" all around... 4 from the sides and another 2-3" from the back. I am not, nor will I ever be a size 18 plus. Tomorrow, I have to go pick up the dress. Here's hoping it fits and the whole ordeal is quick and painless. I have to try it on while wrangling Kaylee.
I managed to get the rehearsal lunch bouquet finished. I would like to personally tell ever wedding "etiquette" web site to go to hell. Seriously. Quit making shit up for people to do. There's no point in half of the things I've read on those sites. It just makes a bride overthink and overspend and overwant. Bring back the shotgun weddings, I say! :)~ I still don't understand the point of the bouquet, but it's done. Here's hoping I remember to take it with me Friday.
Nails... I have to paint my nails. For some reason, my entire life, I have had dirty nails. It doesn't matter how hard I try to keep them clean, they will be dirty 5 minutes later. So, I need to hide my mess so I'm not constantly obsessing over them. Hopefully, I remember to pick up some nude polish tomorrow while I'm out.
SPEECH! SPEECH! OMG... I had it in my head earlier that I would be fine speaking in front of people. But, the pressure is on and now I'm a wreck about it. Thankfully, the Best Man doesn't have his written either. However, I have an idea of what he'll say... it'll be emotional and sweet, which will blow anything I have to say right out of the water. All of the things I want to say will make me a blubbering idiot or is completely inappropriate, so that's out.
I was hoping to work in an acupuncture appointment before the wedding so I would feel ok. But it turns out the only days I'll have a sitter this week, my guy is off. /sadface. Hope no one minds me having a heating pad going in what will appear to be a very inappropriate place. LOL
And to top everything off, there's a 70% chance of thunderstorms Saturday. The wedding is outside. My daughter will be wearing a white dress. I am predicting a very dirty little girl by the end of the night. Joy.
2 years ago
1 comments:
WOW, sounds stressful! What great friend you are to do this while you have so much going on yourself! I hope you have nice weather Saturday!
Post a Comment