Kaylee's Favorite Words/Phrases

Saturday, February 25, 2012

This kid cracks us up. Recently, she has latched onto "Oh, goodness!" and "Happy dude!" which is just about as adorable as you can get with her tiny little voice. I'm trying to catch oh goodness on video. The "happy dude" I do have on video, so I just need to upload it. I have no clue where she picked that up.

She says a ton of other things as well.

Uh oh
Go, doggies! (usually because I'm telling the dogs to go away... little buggers are attached to my feet all the time)
Mommy, mommy!
Please, thank you
diapie (thanks, Meme...) not sure why the baby talk here. It drives me nuts, but she will tell me when she needs a new diaper. If only she were ready to potty train. 
Hi, Dadeee! (say this with a British accent and imagine her with a cup of tea and some crumpets)
More, glasses, a bunch of animal names, most of the body parts that she knows, keys, buttons, bath
Where did it go?
There it is!
All done!
Yucky! (accompanied by her brushing her hands off)
Yummy and omnomnom are common as well. Yes. We taught our kid LOLspeak... :p
Did you hear that?
Baby brother! (don't get all excited - I didn't reveal anything... I have been talking to her about being a big sister and that she was going to have a baby sister or brother soon. She can't say sister, but she can say brother... it's weird, but whatever.. LOL)
If I ask her a simple question, she will answer yes or no.  Typically, the answer is no because the question/statement is almost always about taking a nap. "Can we/Lets go take a nap?/." "No"
There's a bunch more she can say..

She can identify a nose, mouth, eyes, ears, teeth, tongue, head, hair, elbows, knees, toes, feet, fingers, hands, belly on herself, others or her stuffed doggie. There's a ton of animals that she knows, including the sounds they make.. or at least, a sound that I told her it makes. I mean, c'mon.. the sound of an elephant is hard to say! On a good day, she knows her basic colors and shapes. And lately she's been trying to sing the ABCs. She still loves dancing. The music I typically put on has a beat. She just swings around to the beat. Thankfully, she appears to have a bit more rhythm than her mother, who dances like Elaine.

On top of all her development, I have realized that she will be an adventure seeker like me. I wish I was allowed to be more active right now and didn't have to worry about what to do with children while I'm being all crazy. But, a few months ago while at the park, the child climbed to the top of the playscape made for 5-12 year olds and went down the tall slide. Scared me to death, but I knew I wouldn't have time to waddle up there to get her. She did fine and loved it. Now she does it all the time, so I'm less freaked out. She loves to swing. Brian had her going so high the other day that the ropes were kind of giving way. LOL But she was belly laughing the entire time. This is the same video that includes "happy dude" so I'll try to post it soon.

36 weeks. I had a melt down last week, which included bursting into tears one night when Brian walked in the door. Poor guy was so confused... but I think I'm doing a little better today. I'm coming to terms with Kaylee growing out of her naps so quickly. I have to. There's really no choice about it. I need to put my big girl pants on and suck it up. Tomorrow, I'm going to go check out a preschool, which will start in September. It's for 2 days a week from 9-1. It's right down the street from us, so closer than the one I was looking at. This is good on several levels. I can get to this school without hitting any major roads or school zones. It should take me no more than 10 minutes, whereas the other ones in the area may be a 20-30 minute drive solely because of the road systems they have yet to catch up to the population explosion we're having out here.

I think that's it for now. I'm procrastinating. I should be cleaning and getting ready to host a few ladies tonight for a bachelorette party. But, I just don't feel like it. :p

2 comments:

Rain said...

WOW, she knows a lot of words! Smart girl! :)

I think you will see that preschool will wear her out, and you might get a nap back :)

Mr & Mrs T. said...

I posted the videos on the side of my blog... HI-larious... hehe

Apparently, I was a chatter box as well at her age. She said 3 new words today.. it's just something new every week...

I certainly hope I get the nap back.. unfortunately, the school doesn't start until September, so I have a long time to suffer without it (consistently). Eek!

Today, we had one, but I think she didn't feel 100%... she screamed at me the first 3 hours of her day and then passed out for 2 on me.. I was so afraid to move or transfer her, that I just laid there on the couch all cockeyed and super uncomfortable. I'm not sure if I regret that decision. On one hand, I got a break.. on the other, I hurt now.

Post a Comment