Tax Refund...

Monday, March 26, 2012

The interest free loan we give to the government because we didn't calculate what we should have taken out properly... Boo...

The only advantage to this... we get a nice chunk of change to rebuild our savings a bit and to do some projects around the backyard that we've been wanting to tackle since we moved in.

These projects = finishing Kaylee's play area and installing the garden for the Fall. I'm super stoked about this. We have the border for Kaylee's play area installed, so all we need is the 8-9 yards of playground mulch to fill it in... and swing set anchors before Brian flips her over the top (joke). And the garden... well.. it's a patch of weeds at the moment. So we need the border and the garden soil. This should give us plenty of time to plan out the Fall garden and maybe even get a compost pile going.

I've been hoping to give Kaylee a safe place to play since she's a flippin' monkey. And this way.. she can play while I sit with the baby and watch. I can have friends over with their kids. I'm hoping for a grand ol time!

The veggies and fruit and herbs... omg... sooo hoping to do something like this: gutter garden on the back fence as well.

1 comments:

Annaliese said...

Oh my goodness I love the gutter gardens!

Post a Comment