I have come to the conclusion that this baby is a major jokester and will not make his/her arrival until April Fool's Day. I've started contractions twice, each session lasting several hours, only for them to stop. Since I finished all of my plans/commitments up at 38 weeks, I vowed to sit and do nothing but relax or try to get this baby to arrive. Nothing is working. I've mowed and edged the lawn, which is more exercise I've gotten in months. I hurt so badly after that though because of my leg injury and round ligament pains. I ate an entire flippin' pineapple. I drank cinnamon until I smelled like it. I've had reflexology massages. And acupuncture. I've sat on that stupid ball and done yoga to get the baby into position. When the MW checked me, she didn't want to strip my membranes because "I'm just right there..." It was something I wasn't sure I wanted done anyway, more so because I've heard it's not pleasant and I don't care for unpleasant things.
So, Sunday. This is when I predict I will have an 8.5lb baby. I always said I wanted an April baby. It's looking more and more like I'll get my wish. If the baby doesn't come Sunday, then we'll go in Monday to run a bunch of tests to prepare for induction. This is definitely not something I want. It down right scares me.
Until then, I'm giving up on waiting at home for contractions to start and am going to start living a bit again. I'm bored out of my mind, as is Kaylee. So, off to Safari Champ to use our coupon for free play, then maybe back for lunch and more playing in the backyard while I pull weeds.
40w5d
2 years ago
2 comments:
Phene was born on April 2nd! Almost an April fools baby!
I got induced, and it went very smoothly. I read and heard so many bad things about it. Bt when the time came I was ready to get her out and I chose to do it, and I don't regret it at all. My whole labor was about 7 hours.
I'm hoping that since I am showing progress, that all they have to do is the prostaglandin... I do not want Pit again. Kaylee came around 7hrs as well once I got into active labor, so I'm almost thinking if they do the prostaglandin, they'll go ahead and admit me. They've already mentioned a few times that this one will probably arrive even sooner. With a 30 minute trip to the hospital, I really don't want the kid's nickname to be "Toll 45" or "Loop 1"... LOL
Post a Comment