The to do list is slowly but surely dwindling down into nothing other than "clean the house." I'm quite excited about this.
The dress is altered and picked up.
The speech is mostly written. I woke up at 5 this morning thinking about it, so I went ahead and typed up my thoughts. I don't think it's horrible, but I need Brian to read it to make sure I don't sound completely dumb.
I will now have company Thursday AND Friday night. My house is a mess which makes me a wreck when I have people over... but honestly, I can't worry about it. If I have the energy to clean, I'll do so, otherwise everyone just has to deal. I may or may not have a panic attack over this very thing tomorrow. Stupid OCD.
I was supposed to go to get together for the wedding tonight, but between Brian's work schedule, me trying to wrangle a manic toddler and my overall pain threshold, I just couldn't do it. I have to listen to my body and stop doing so much. I just need to make it through Saturday and I'll be ok.
I bought bling for Kaylee's hair, which will later turn into my hair bling because it's really not something I would normally put in her hair. I got me some nail polish.
My doula sent me a link for free prenatal massages on the 14th and 19th. I'm totally signed up. The lady laughed at me when I answered her question about how far along I'll be. Hey - the link didn't say anything about being not being allowed at 38.5-39 weeks pregnant! :) And I'm taking advantage of the time with the babysitter to work in some acupuncture. Too bad this is all happening after the 10th, but it's all good. At least I have some this to look forward to.
Brian got the taxes scanned and hopefully sent off to the tax people. We also got Kayle's preschool medical form faxed (and returned! Go Dr. G!!), so I should be able to register Kaylee tomorrow.
Kaylee had her first real time out and swat today. She was none too happy about it, but I don't care. Typically, I can leave her while she's playing to go to the restroom or cook lunch. She's very independent, which I love, but she's also an adventurer, which I love, but not as much at this age. When I returned, I found her behind the fireplace gate playing in the stuff you put under gas logs. It was everywhere. I even had to pull some of it out of her mouth. UGH. Here's hoping she didn't swallow any of it and if she did, that it won't do much more than give her a few bad diapers. This is something she knows she should not be doing. She got told a firm no, a quick swat on the butt (which, through a diaper I'm not sure it had much of an effect other than maybe startling her), and she got to sit in the lonely recliner in the corner of the living room for about 5 minutes while she calmed down from being placed there in the first place.
I'm not sure if that was too harsh for her age or if she even understands what happened. That's the only thing I'm questioning atm. I question it more because I've been very frustrated with her in general lately so I don't know if I was thinking clearly enough for her punishment. She only has an attitude around me. She only tends to get into things she knows she shouldn't around me. So, is it hormones? Toddlerhood? Bad/mean/impatient mom? I'm not sure. These are things I'll probably question for a while.
Either way, once I let her down, she was fine. Happy go lucky and for the most part behaved the rest of the night giving the baby (my belly) kisses. Saying "I love you" in a whisper in my ear (hilarious.. it's the only thing she whispers). And chasing the dogs around the living room with their toy.
So, I'm ending my night by pretty much having ice cream for dinner. I'm pulling the pregnancy card and saying "fuck it." I'm done. :p
2 years ago
1 comments:
Yum ice cream for dinner!
I still question myself when I punish Phene. I sometimes feel like maybe I was too irritated or mad at the moment. It's hard to be perfect every time, but I think it's good to think about it after and be aware of it.
Massage sounds nice! And free is even better!
Post a Comment