Nesting

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Today, I decided that everything, I mean EVERYTHING, in the house needed to be washed. I'm not sure how many loads of laundry I did, but it was seriously all day long. It's still going on. And will continue into tomorrow for most of the day. Needless to say, I'm going to hurt for doing this all at once, but pain is only temporary, right? :)~

I had Brian mow the yard. I was tempted, but I decided walking and pushing/pulling something for that long would not do me any justice. So even the outside of the house is ready for this baby to arrive.

The baby's room looks better. You can actually walk in there now without tripping over random baby/toddler stuff. All of the gender neutral clothes have been washed and put away, as well as crib sheets, towels, wash cloths, blankets and all the other washable things babies seem to need/use.

Almost all of our clothes have been washed.. and get this.. PUT AWAY. That never happens. I have no idea what got into me. I'm not even sure I have the "high" of accomplishment yet. Maybe that will come tomorrow when I finish washing all of the linens?

And if the child naps tomorrow, I'm determined to get her curtains at least pinned and ready to sew, if not started. The only problem with this plan is I hung the blackout fabric on her curtain clips already, so if she's napping.... ugh. But, I can do the other panel, I suppose.

Still having one or so contractions a day. Nothing spectacular. But, at least I know something is going on to get ready. The freezer has been cleaned out, so I can start cooking stuff to freeze. My MIL said she has an entire shelf of food for us. I'm quite excited about this.

Next step... pack my bag.

19ish days.

2 comments:

Rain said...

WOW! It's coming so fast!
You are really staying active! Good, I think it will help these days go by faster!

Mr & Mrs T. said...

Here's hoping. Although from Sunday on, I have vowed not to leave the house for anything other than dr's appts and the hospital. :p

Post a Comment