Bad Key Day

Saturday, March 3, 2012

A few weeks ago my grandmother's computer was taken out by a power surge. I didn't realize that this had happened until she called to tell me this past week. So, today we all loaded up into the truck and headed to the computer store to get another one. While there, my grandmother insisted that she push the basket. This normally wouldn't be an issue, except Kaylee had my keys. Meaning, I (or someone) needed to actually watch her while she had them. Not because she'll stick them in her mouth or anything, but because she'll throw/drop them.

Well, pregnancy/mommy brain has been in full force lately. I was chatting with my friend who worked there and wasn't paying attention to Kaylee. Because... yaknow... I thought someone else was. I think there is a moment in time where I must have blacked out. Or my memory blacked out. Either way, we spent the next hour looking for my keys. Keys that could not be found. I called Brian, who was at work... who was at work during the busiest time of the day... to tell him I was stranded with my less than 2 year old, my 70 year old stroke victim grandfather and my grandmother. I was panicked. I wasn't real sure when either my daughter or grandfather would lose it, but I was sure it would happen soon. Thankfully, he was able to send someone to my rescue with a spare truck key so I could get them home.

We arrive back at my grandparent's house only to realize that my grandfather supposedly had the house key. The key he swears he did not have.

/FACEPALM

Seriously, how do we manage to lose all these important keys in one morning? One morning where it's not exactly warm, but not exactly freezing (thank goodness!)

Luckily, they hid a key. An hour later, my grandfather finds the house key in his pocket. I had to run home to get some info for their dialup provider because it's easier to use my internet than sit on hold with them. While digging around in the diaper bag I emptied 4 times at the computer store, I found my keys in a random pocket I didn't even know existed.

Brain fart to the max. Our day was FUN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment