Tomorrow

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tomorrow is a new day... a day to make a plan and figure out which way is up and which way moves forward.

First things first... a good friend told me something today that stuck. I need to learn to delegate. I have a hard time with this. I do everything because if I don't, no one else will unless I hound them. I'm done hounding. So I made a list.

The list is basics of what I do (or try to do) every day, week, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly. It's not detailed.. just a list of the subject... like laundry. I don't really say I "wash, hang dry, fold and put away.." That should be obvious... although I know for some it's not. I imagine the list will become more detailed as I delegate more.

Next, grocery shopping. How can I delegate this while only having one driver in the house? Well, it dawned on me... online shopping. So, I logged back into Greenling and setup an order to ship weekly. I figured this will help in a few areas. A) It'll take something off my plate. B) I can budget better. C) Meals will become monotonous, but whatever. It'll be easier to plan. I ate rice or pasta everyday for years... I'm sure eating a salad every day for lunch won't kill me.

I also signed up for Schwans. Not really for meat.. we have plenty of that. But for their ice cream. And fruit. I want to say mainly fruit, but lets be honest... if I had a food addiction, it is to ice cream. BUT... my MIL showed me their little bite ice creams and gave a few to me. OMG. They are perfect to get me through my craving, plus they are only 60 calories instead of the 800 I get from a pint of ice cream (can anyone really eat on one of those for 3 or 4 servings or am I just a pig??).

I signed off of Facebook while I try to get through this time of my life because I found myself leaving ridiculous, vague and angry posts which just left people texting/emailing and commenting on what's wrong. Unfortunately, I just can't talk about it. I want to. I need to. But, I've been asked not to... and all that makes things harder on me. I work through things by talking them out... and having to keep all this inside is just making me boil over.

So, I leave you with this... besides my kids, it's what is keeping me going. Thanks, Pinterest.


Source: tumblr.com via Xal on Pinterest

2 comments:

Rain said...

ahh life...tons of fun.
Wish I had something cool and meaningful to say. But I don't.
I have been through some shitty times though, and sometimes it gets better, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it just is...and maybe that is the hardest part to swallow sometimes.
I think of you often friend. And whatever it is....I hope it works itself out.
I wish you many future happy days.

Kristal said...

xoxo

Post a Comment