So a while back I wrote about internet addiction. I have it. Always have.. even before the internet was the internet. I try very hard not to let it run my life, but it very well could if I stop paying attention to my own rules I've put in place for myself.
Like:
No phones at the dinner table.
Don't ignore the children or Brian for my phone/computer.
I've logged off.. then back on... then back off... and finally kinda sorta back on (only because I got a frantic text saying I had to go help someone, which I'm forever grateful for)... eventually I'll be back off to a community.
I've unfriended a lot of people on FB, not because I dislike them or anything personal... but because we don't really talk on there. There's a few exceptions, but if the friendship isn't a two way street, then I can't open up anymore. That's what I have this thing for. If it weren't for some out of town family and friends, I'd probably find it easier to log off there.
But now... now there's Pinterest. Something I boycotted for a long time because that whole "you hafta be invited and it is going to take 6 weeks for us to accept" thing really rubbed me the wrong way. I finally gave in. And in less than a few weeks, I'm hooked. My grandmother has even joined. And I encouraged it. WTH am I thinking!?
I need more rules. Like... a timeframe where I can be online. The thing that sucks is a do a lot of sitting. Liam is uber clingy, so I spend a lot of that time just staring at him while he plays. God forbid I get up and wash some dishes.. or pee. Because that child will flat out scream bloody murder if I attempt to get up. He has me trained and that sucks. So, this is where my dilemma is... I have lots of time to play because I spend a lot of time doing not much of anything. Oh how I can not wait til he reaches the lovely milestone of walking. I don't look forward to chasing two children in opposite directions soon... I do look forward in saying "Ok... well, mommy is going this way, so you can follow me if you'd like."
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment