Breathing Easier.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

While I still can't talk about what all is going on, I can say that a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. This weight was the main cause of my distress. The rest I can handle.. but what I was going to have to go through... well, lets just say I was prepared to be homebound for however long to avoid the humiliation of something I didn't even do. I even set up grocery delivery to prepare for this... BUT, I found a loophole, so I think everything will be fine.

In my panic, I have decided that this is no way for anyone to deal with a problem, especially one completely out of my control. So, I'm seriously looking into Buddhism. This will irritate a lot of my Christian family, but I haven't really cared much about other pushing their beliefs onto me because THOSE are the only correct beliefs. Here I am. The local temple has "Sunday school" on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month, so I think I'm going to try and go next month. I'm kind of excited and kind of nervous.

There is another silver lining to all that has happened. My house will finally get the attention it's been craving for the last year and a half. I'm excited to have time to paint and build stuff so we can get organized and purge all the junk we really don't need. This is also part of the Buddhist teachings... we don't NEED material things. It's always been something I've believed. I really disliked how materialistic Christmas has become, especially within my own family. I think this will really help me to let go and not worry so much what other people think when I decide to make a $1 homemade gift as opposed to spending $50+ per person.

For now... I'm better. I'm getting better every day. I'm looking forward to the warmer days so I can get out there and start walking again.... and dare I say it, maybe even running? Nahh.. I won't say it because well, I'm not a runner. It's a wish, but I'll break something if I try. HA!

Now, I'm off to design our office and some closet spaces so my husband can get ta buildin'! ;)

2 comments:

Rain said...

Well if you ever do decide to run, call me :)

Kristal said...

You are first on my list!

Post a Comment