Naps

Monday, February 20, 2012

How the hell do you have a newborn/infant with a toddler that refuses to nap 85% of the time? The last few weeks have left me a ball of messy hormones for some reason. And I find myself melting into a ball of tears every afternoon when Kaylee decides that there will be no nap today. It would be different if she didn't need a nap, but in the next few hours, well beyond the time when I can let her sleep, she'll be exhausted and inconsolable. If I let her sleep, she'll be happier, but she won't go to bed until super late... then her schedule is just screwed the rest of the week.

Lose-Lose....

5 comments:

CO said...

Let her nap later. I know, it sounds insane, but with Sophie sometimes when she needs a nap and it is late I just say the hell with it. So what if it means she will go to bed an hour later? If she needs sleep and you need a break, let her nap at 4 or whatever. Then she'll at least be happier and sweeter when she is up a bit late and you will have had your break!

Mr & Mrs T. said...

It's not an hour later. It's hours and hours later. And then her schedule is screwed for an entire week. She may be happier, but I will not be. It's still a lose-lose because then I become a bad mother.

Rain said...

Naps become few and far between as they get older. I still make Phene stay in her bed for at least an hour even if she is awake...yesterday it took her an hour to nap, but she finally did!

I hear you though! We mothers need those naps!

CO said...

How about maybe quiet time instead? Like she has to go and play in her room or something? Would that work?

Mr & Mrs T. said...

Sometimes it works... but usually, I have to stay in there. She's fine with independent play in her playroom, but not her bedroom. Usually, it's not a big deal for me to just lay in her bed and rest while she plays, but right now, her bed is super uncomfortable on my hips and back... stupid 9 months pregnant... lol

I find that it usually happens on nice days. We're having another no-nap day. I've run her at the park... I went to lunch with JG and Shana... we pulled weeds in the yard... the child is still going 110%, while I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open. Blah.. hehe

Post a Comment