Update on Baby T... and me complaining about what Baby T is doing to me...

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I love my midwives. It turns out the doctor who was kind of blunt last time telling me "You've gained more than enough weight....." (in which I heard, "You Are a Whale") isn't a regular there. So, as long as I don't have the baby on a Tuesday, I shouldn't see her again. WOOT!

My hope is to have the baby on a Sunday, Monday or Wednesday. I guess I heard what I wanted to hear my first appointment. I thought I heard "We rotate so you can to know everyone and can put in your preference. You may not get that person, but we try..." It turns out they are on a (pretty) consistent rotating schedule. So, I had her write that down just so I would know when the time comes. Overall, I like everyone... even the one who was concerned about my weight. I just didn't like being called out when I was already worried about it.

My aches and pains are getting worse as time goes on. I am trying to exercise (ie: walk more than to the fridge to get Kaylee's milk), but the round ligament pains, back pains and overall pressure this kid is putting on my lungs and pelvic area are enough to make me sit most of the day. Unfortunately, the only place I can sit without much pain is the sofa. I even get to sleep there. Yay. My office chair, bed and dining chairs kill my back and (I guess) force the baby further down. I am having new round ligament pains besides the ones in my groin. I didn't even know that's what it was... but, apparently, if you feel like you are on fire right below your belly, that is supposedly a ligament that could be scarred, so when you have braxton hicks or move/stretch in a certain way, it triggers that sensation. Weird. And painful. The maternity belt helps a little, but I can't sit/drive with it on, so that sucks. On top of the pains, I'm having ophthalmic migraines about every other day. When I'm lucky, they last 15 minutes. When I'm not, they last 2 hours. There's nothing like changing a dirty diaper and you can't see an entire buttcheek no matter how hard you try. LOL The good thing is these are migraines of the eye, so there's no pain associated with them. My Ophthalmologist said it's actually a neurological problem, but in pregnancy, they are triggered by hormones.

Thankfully, I'm about 35 weeks along, so I don't have far to go now. In fact, I did our calendar today and it actually includes the due date (3/24). WOOHOO! I've gained 36 lbs and while she said I'm at the higher end, the baby feels right on target, so it's mostly me gaining the weight, not necessarily the baby, which is "good." I shouldn't have a 20 lb baby. But, it's bad because it could be difficult to lose. Whatevs. I *hate* sitting on my ass doing nothing. It's probably the biggest reason I suck at being pregnant. I feel helpless and lazy. And when I push myself, I end up doing more damage than not, which is frustrating.

And appropriately enough, today I got an eNewsletter from my HOA. They are adding Zumba to the calendar. I Can't Wait! And once the baby is 6 months old in September, I can start going to the gym down the street and drop the bugger off in the Kids Club. :p  Kaylee will be in preschool twice a week, so it'll be perfect. Here's hoping I have my wits about me by September though. I might be pushing it a little bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment