OhEmGee.
Ever see a picture of yourself and think, "That can't possibly be me??" Yea. Well, it happened to me yesterday. The yoga class I've been going to took a picture and then posted it on Facebook. Thank goodness my face isn't showing and that they can't tag me! It's awful. The doctor was right. I need to lay off the junk, which I have been for the most part since she told me that. I don't think I gained my "trademark" 9 lbs this month. I'll find out next week.
Last night, I actually had a dream where I stepped on the scale and it read 320. THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY POUNDS. On my frame. No way. I'm already struggling to hold up the 170. It really sucks when your "normal" weight is supposed to between 114-145. But, at the end of the dream, I somehow had managed to lose 200 lbs to reach my goal weight. My stomach was flat again and I didn't feel like a whale. Weird.
While I'm terrified of having two kids, I am ready to start really exercising again. I need my twice (or more) a week Zumba class. I need a once a week yoga. I need to figure out how to like walking/running. I need my body back. I can see how people get addicted to exercise. I feel the addiction inside of me, but I'm not allowed anything strenuous.
C'mon end of March! Or... honestly, anything after March 10th. I have plans that day. :)~
2 years ago
9 comments:
Stop it RIGHT NOW!!! You know how I feel about mothers that obsess about their weight! You are MAKING A PERSON!!! You are an amazing person doing an awe inspiring thing! Once the baby is born you can eventually, slowly and without panic start doing things to get your body back. But so much more important that getting your flat stomach back, you'll be getting a BABY!! Hurray for babies! Who cares about flabby tummies? Not this girl!!!!!!!!
I've gained so much weight with this one... I'm really scared I won't be able to lose it. I'm not even sure the maternity clothes I own will make it through this. Blah. As for the flat stomach, it was the only thing I really liked about my body before kids. I never could get my legs and arms under control after I quit playing tennis. I need a tennis buddy who is consistent.. :(
Dude, shut up. :) I am now 10lbs lighter than when I got pregnant. And I gained over FIFTY POUNDS!! Yup, I was super huge and I did not care and neither should you. Give yourself the head space to enjoy this pregnancy without the bother of worrying about your body image (which is only a concern because of societal input anyway you know!)
Here is what you do: eat healthy, exercise when you can, treat yourself and don't feel any guilt over it at all. When you have the baby, repeat the above. Don't worry about your body until the baby is at least a year. THEN you can decide on a serious course of action if one is needed.
I know I'm as bad as the next person for placing unrealistic expectations on this poor body of mine, but we (collectively, all women) need to stop being so hard on ourselves. Particularly on our pregnant selves! SO relax. You are beautiful!!
I agree you shouldn't worry about the weight. If you want it to come off after I know you can do it. It can always come off it just takes work. And maybe that is what this baby needs from you right now? I know it's hard not to stress...but enjoy this :)
It's almost over :)
And sorry I suck at tennis or I would play with you!
Thanks ladies. I think what is eating me up is that this is the heaviest I've ever been and it's getting harder to move. So, while there are societal influences, I just don't feel good this heavy - baby or no baby. There's no way I'm having a 50 lb baby and if I do, shoot me now... hahaha
And, Rain, I suck at running, or I'd run with you! LOL
That picture just really upset me. I don't like pictures of myself already, but that was the worst, image crushing shot I've ever seen of myself. I'm very thankful my face isn't showing...
Well if you don't feel good, that is something else completely. Physical discomfort is a good reason to try and make some changes. I'm 100% behind you there. But if it was just because you looked "fat" in some picture at 7 months pregnant, that is something else entirely. :)
I never let pictures of myself get me down. That isn't how I really look in real life. That is one second at one angle on one day. It doesn't count. The real me is animated and entertaining and fabulous, no matter what size I happen to be. AND that applies to you too lady! You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again, in case you missed it, you are awesome!!!! :)
*mwah* Miss ya!!
Aw, I agree with CO, but if you read my blog while I was pregnant, then you KNOW that I know exactly how you feel! It's so hard having your body change so much, so quickly and feeling like you have very little control over it. Just remember that this is temporary and soon enough you won't be pregnant and you'll be able to do all of the things you want to do. And then you might wish you were pregnant so that you had an excuse not to do them! :) If you're anything like me, that is....
Well... Cyn... this is true. You are animated. And entertaining. And fabulous. LOL
I did/do still read your blog, Adrianne. I do and don't like having the excuse... mostly because if I don't do it, no one else will :p
I guess this is what a "real" pregnancy is supposed to be like. I don't remember feeling like this with Kaylee since I was too busy trying to stay alive since I was so sick. I took pictures every week hoping I would get bigger. For this one, I've taken one picture. Poor kid is totally getting the shaft. LOL
59+- days. :p
Post a Comment