Needless to say, it's been a bit busy around here for a while. We are finally in a lull of activity. Not a whole lot going on and I'm honestly enjoying being able to relax a little bit. The weird thing is my body seemed to recognize when I became less busy because it has shifted into "I will make you miserable so you have to sit and rest" mode.
I have 66+- days left of my (hopefully) last pregnancy. I'm not good at being pregnant and I'm looking forward to moving on to being "just" a mom and not having to worry about how to be pregnant and take care of children at the same time. I am having some awful round ligament pains which is making walking difficult. I think it's worse since I fell when pregnant with Kaylee and injured myself, then fell again during this pregnancy and reinjured myself. The baby is also sitting pretty low. I've sorted to a maternity belt, which isn't the prettiest thing under clothing.
The other night we had our first doula meeting. Karli came over and talked with us about what her role was and got a sense of what we wanted from her and my LDR. Brian seems to feel a bit more at ease with the idea. I'm thankful that he understands that I'm the one going through the physical pain of labor and delivery, so if this is something I think that will help, then lets go for it. I'm excited because I think Karli will be able to help guide him and give him suggestions of how to help me. It's hard to think when you are stressed out, so she can be an extra thinker in the room.
During the meeting she gave me a book to borrow. It's all about pregnancy and birthplans, etc. I had a simple birthplan for Kaylee, but the doctor didn't want to hear about it, so I wasn't sure what to do with this pregnancy. Do doctors even look at them? Are they really discussed? Or was my last OB just a royal B? I'm hoping for the latter.
Last night, I went through some of the sample plans and started making some notes on things I may or may not want. The plans they had were pretty detailed. Right down to visitors, which is great. I think I want to do it like last time. No visitors until the 2nd day IF I'm feeling ok. If not, well.. the baby isn't going anywhere and people can just come to our home.
Last time we did this, I got a lot of flack. Mostly from my side of the family. A bit from his. I'm sadden by this. While I understand the excitement of a new baby coming into the world, I also understand the process of bringing that baby into the world. I'm sad that people said I ruined their moment. The gall of me.... ruining THEIR moment of ME giving birth. It almost makes me laugh now. So, here I go again... being selfish while giving birth. No visitors until we call/text.
66+- days. Yikes. I need to start cooking and getting things in the freezer!
2 years ago
2 comments:
Oh who cares about them...this is your experience not theirs!!
I am sorry you aren't feeling so hot :(
Unfortunately, I do... it sucks that I have to work so hard to even try and be family with some of them. But, I am slowly but surely getting over it. I don't need that kind of stress in my life. Being family, which honestly just equates to being a good friend, doesn't have to be that hard. I've witnessed it. It's weird and amazing the lack of drama I have with Brian's family.
Post a Comment