Ok. So, my first list yesterday was for groceries. I spent $120, but all except $50 of that was one time or once a month type purchases. If I'm able to keep at this up, we'll cut our grocery bill by $200! If I could wean Kaylee and Brian off of their energy drinks (B) and smoothies (K), that'd be another $80 I could save. We'll see.
The items up on our menu for this week include:
Crab rangoons - We've never made them, but Hungry Girl did an episode on baked ones. Honestly, they are better fried. I ate mostly the baked ones, but I did indulge in a few fried.
Fried mushrooms - ok, so we're not going super healthy, but we had mushrooms we needed to use and I had enough of sauteed and fondue'd ones. Plus, who doesn't need a little ranch in their lives? :)~
Cobb Salad - See? I can try to be a little healthy! Bacon is a meat, right? I baked it, although I don't think it matters how you prepare bacon, it's just not going to be great for you. But the rest of the salad had egg and tomatoes and just a little bit of cheese, so with the spinach, I think I did ok here.
Spinach salad - I still have spinach left over, so I'll finish it up this week as well.
Chicken Avocado Sandwiches - I plan to do this Wednesday and Thursday. Don't worry, the chicken will be baked and this recipe I have doesn't even include cheese, which makes me a bit sad.
Bacon, Avocado, Tomato Salad - The last three recipes are from some "primal" diet plan a friend is doing. But, they sound good... we'll see how this goes.
I also plan to make some zuke, banana and strawberry chips and have a few fruit smoothies (from frozen fruit I have in the freezer) in as snacks. I still have my plain popcorn that I lightly salt, so that'll be a decent snack as well. Oh, and trail mix.
The weekend will probably be something out of the freezer. No real plan there. But, I'm hoping to only buy groceries for the weekdays and scavenge on the weekends. We have 2 freezers full. There's no reason we can't eat out of them.
I need to start thinking about next week's menu. I'm not sure if you noticed, but I grouped a lot of ingredients so I didn't have to spend a bunch on a ton of things. Plus, I figured it would help us from wasting any food.
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment