The thing we call the backyard....

Friday, June 17, 2011

So, over the years, I've worked rather hard at cleaning this thing up. But, I found out that the "grass" that was back here was just weeds... I've tried seeding the yard numerous times, but nothing takes because the dogs stomp it to death before it has time to really establish itself. So, this year, we're getting sod. In June. Where the temperatures are already consistently over 100F. In fact, tomorrow, it'll be a brisk 105F.

I can't wait to finish the preparation of the yard in that. Thankfully (hopefully?), I'll have some help by Brian. We are creating a dog run... basically, we're putting chicken wire up around the flower bed so the dogs will stay in there instead of stomping the new sod to death while chasing their friend Fred the Squirrel. We also need to finish really clearing that out... Then we need to treat the yard for ants since our pest control guy said there aren't any... right. I have like 4 different kinds of ants. He must be blind. And be void of nerve endings.


Here's the lovely, yet embarrassing 'Before' picture.

More updates to come this weekend and by the end of the day Monday. I *can't* wait!

3 comments:

Rain said...

We got this natural ant killer/deterrent at Home Depot. It worked really good in our playscape area. I will get the name for you.

Mr & Mrs T. said...

Awesome! Because the stuff I have does not seem to work at all... they got into my garden and are eating my okra! I'm about to pull it all up.. apparently with the heat and the ants, my garden is done.

Rain said...

Ok I will message you tomorrow...will get the name when I get home :)

Post a Comment