I wish it were easier said than done. I figured since she was taking cheese and yogurt just fine, then the milk switch should be fine.. So, this morning I put 2 oz of milk in her sippy cup and did the remaining 4 oz of formula. That was fine. But, then we get to lunch... she sucked down the same type of sippy cup and ate lunch. Right at the end, she projectile vomited the entire contents of her stomach. JOY. Even more fun? I caught the majority of it in my hands. GROSS. Somehow, I did not return the favor and puke back. I somehow remained completely calm. Thank goodness Brian happened to be home. Thank goodness he was very late getting home so that I fed her before our errand, instead of after. He was able to run and get a towel so I could take her straight to the bath... then he cleaned up the mess I didn't catch. GROSS. It now smells like eggs and sour milk in the kitchen. I don't have the stomach to go in there and 409 everything down... but I'm hoping I find a way to do it soon before it just gets worse.
So yea... we might be waiting a little while on the milk thing. That's a bummer because I *hate* formula with a passion.
2 years ago
5 comments:
We went through the same thing....it just takes patience. Are you using a milk based formula? We got Phene on that, and the transition was easier...But we had a couple puking episodes to deal with :( That smell is the worst!!! Good luck on the clean up :)
Ewww. (The joys of motherhood?) Frances couldn't handle milk until about Christmas last year - pretty normal, from what I understand.
Oh yes, Natalie... the JOYS of motherhood, indeed... thank goodness daddy was there, too! And wow.. did you just keep her on formula?
Rain, She takes milk based formula very well. I didn't give her anymore milk today... going to try 2%.. and probably just 1oz tomorrow morning and see how that goes.
She's never been on formula, so we bounced between rice/hemp/almond milk for about four months just too keep up the calcium/VitD - not the greatest solution. After than, we slowly introduced full-fat milk... And just recently, she's started drinking the low-fat stuff that we drink.
Hmmm ok... She weaned at 9 months. I was heartbroken. She seems to be taking the 2% well.
Post a Comment