I've been drinking 8-9 glasses of 8oz of water for the last few days. It's not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.... well, as long as I don't have to count said glasses. I have a big Bill Miller jug that holds half of what I should be drinking. I can count to two, ya'll. ;) So with that, I've been going a lot more. This is odd to me as I used to take 10 hour road trips and never stop to go... I just wanted to be there. Twice a day was a norm for me. TMI? Ok.. I'll stop :p
My next challenge is portion control. I'm so used to the American Super Sized Portions that this has already proved to be difficult. I'm eating enough calories, but I'm not eating enough STUFF. So, I still feel hungry. I have plenty of healthy snacks in the house, so I'm hoping that will help curb some of this.
Per the interwebz, I should burn about 800 calories during Zumba. I have no idea if this is accurate. I do push myself as hard as I can without overdoing it, so I guess it's possible. I love the DVDs I got, so this should help me exercise 5-6 days a week. I just need to figure out which day will be my "rest" day. Probably Sunday... it tends to be the laziest day of the week for us around here.
Per MyFitnessPal, if I keep this up, I'll be at 129lbs in 5 weeks. That seems like a really fast drop... but I haven't had the extra weight on me for that long... 3 years max. I've always lost depression weight pretty quickly once I rebound to happy-mode. So... here goes nothing!
Now... to figure out what to have for dinner....
2 years ago
8 comments:
Don't worry about the constant peeing. That will level out as your body gets used to the amount of water you're drinking. Before long, you'll find that the frequency goes down, but the amount goes up. Talk about peein' like a racehorse!! :)
LOL ohh, can't wait... :p
You can do it! 129 is SKINNY though!! Don't overdo it! Hope you had a great weekend...and if you do have p90x on your hard drive let me know...I can get you some discs :)
That's my "normal" weight though... I was 128 for years. My lowest adult weight was 104... that was gross. I could see my ribs. Ick. Supposedly "healthy" for my height is between 108 and 145. So, I'm shooting for about the middle. I'd be happy with anything in the 120s.
I'll look as soon as K goes down for a nap.
MFP doesn't make it clear, but you want to make sure you're actually eating back the exercise calories. 1200 is the LOWEST you should go, so if you burn 800 calories, you should eat 2000 to net to 1200 calories. If you net below 1200 (total consumed less exercise) you're going to put your body into starvation mode and you'll stop losing weight :)
A good way to gauge whether you're burning the 800 calories is your heart rate. If your heart rate is around 170-190 bpm for the hole 60 minutes then I'd say you're probably burning around the 800 calorie mark. If it's significantly lower (say, 130 bpm) you're probably burning 450-600 calories in an hour.
Yea.. Brian and I were actually talking about that last night. I told him I wasn't eating enough... so I'm adding more calories to lunch.
HRM are expensive... so unfortunately, I can't get one atm... but I have a $50 one on my wishlist.. the calories I have marked on MFP are solely what I've been reading on the interwebs with other Zumba people. I push myself pretty hard the entire time and never stop moving. But, yea I have no idea how much I'm really burning.. it's just an guesstimation, which makes all of this a little more tricky.
You can always check your pulse a few times throughout. Or gauge whether you can have a conversation during it. I don't wear my HRM to yoga, but check my pulse 3 or 4 time to gauge where I'm working. I think I might look kinda silly wearing a HRM watch to a yoga class :) Haha!
Ahh true... ha.. I guess I'm more into technology than I thought... completely forgot about the good old tried and true method. :p I do have a hard time talking, so I know it's up there at least. I can still talk - just takes more effort, so I know I'm not in the danger area.
Post a Comment