I know I owe everyone a great big post about the kitchen, but it exhausted me to the point where I just don't want to talk about it anymore. I *will* post something in the near future though... Promise!
We have very little to do to the actual house anymore and are now moving on to the yard. It is a wreck. The front is doing MUCH better than it was last year (and every year prior)... If I could only keep the cats out of it. I have an overall plan for it and have figured out the budget. But, I think I'm going to wait until Fall before I finish that. It'll be cooler and the plants *might* be a bit cheaper.. we'll see.
Today, I bought a pallet and a half of St Augustine for the backyard. Which currently is barren. The guy only charges $75 to install, so I'm going to give him that and let him do all the work in the 100+ degree temps.
We'll have a new yard by the end of Monday. This means I can actually go outside and play with Kaylee! It also means I have to start scooping poop. Boo. But, I'm hoping I can make the ugly flower bed that I desperately want to rip out into a dog run instead. They seem to like going in there anyway...
As soon as that's done and I'm able to save up another couple hundred, I'll finish the front yard. Then.... we're done! I'm not doing much to the yards.. just getting them nice and pretty.
The guy is coming over tomorrow morning to check it out... and hopefully everything will be a go. Since this should be a quick one-day project, I'm hoping to post a much faster update that won't exhaust me. :)
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment