Panic

Friday, June 24, 2011

Kaylee's 1st birthday party is tomorrow morning. And I'm all in a tizzy. I have the house looking mostly ok, but every time I turn around, there's something else that I notice... that I know someone else will notice... I spent all day baking. Never again. That was ridiculous. Next time, I'm making 1 cake. This cupcake craze is dumb. They are cute and all, but omg are they time consuming! And they take a ton of batter. Then there was the pinwheel disaster. I don't know why we couldn't get them to work, but they came out like big sandwiches... I finally said F$%# it and went to Target.

Tomorrow morning will be busy. I have to get Kaylee up by 6:00 so she can nap from 8 to 10. Otherwise, she'll be napping during her party and that's no good. She needs a bath. She decided that she wanted to play in the backdoor track... which is nothing but grease. UGH. I hated putting her to bed dirty -- I did wash her off, but still... I needed her to get to bed since I'd be waking her an hour early.

I have to..... roll up the waterhose (might do that in a minute), DRINK, swiffer the floor, DRINK, set out pinwheels to thaw, DRINK, preheat oven to bake the other things I grabbed, DRINK, fill buckets with ice and put sodas and freeze pops in them, DRINK, pull out sherbet, make punch, DRINK, put cupcakes on display, DRINK, uncover Kaylee's smash cake, DRINK, put dogs up, DRINK, vote on my picture,.... did I mention that I really wanted Kaylee's party to be dry? There was several good reasons for this, but it appears I have been overruled.

It's 9pm. 14 hours until the party. 14 hours until I'll have a house full of people. I need a valium.

1 comments:

Rain said...

It went so well!!! Thanks again for inviting us...at least it's over right? And you have some great pics I am sure :)

Post a Comment