Today. I decluttered. And it felt glorious. Liberating. Anti-hoarder-ish.
I took a 2 car garage full of garage sale stuff over to my cousin's for the O M G YARD SALE!
Seriously.. that's what we called it. My cousin also had a 2 car garage full of stuff. And my friend had a car and a half full. Needless to say, we had a lot of stuff to sell.
When we were setting up yesterday, a few of the neighbors stopped by to pre-shop. And they had cash. Before we shut the garage doors for the night, I had already made $40. I was giddy. It was a great start. I was so giddy, my insomnia swooped in and slapped me in the face. Thank goodness I was already planning a SBux run in the morning. Trenta, anyone? HA! Just kidding... although it was discussed.
5am arrived way too quickly. I packed up the last of my big items that wouldn't fit in her garage, fed Liam and hoped Brian would hear the kids on the monitor when they woke for the day... Then I was off for coffee and breakfast. I hafta say, I was looking forward to ChickFila, but they weren't opened yet... Whataburger "Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit"... UHM YES PLEASE. That thing was amazing.
Shortly after we opened for business, a lady with a truck stopped by. And bought... and bought... and bought... and we really hoped she wouldn't stop. This lady was also THE.BEST.TETRIS.PLAYER.EVAR. Seriously. She got a travel stroller, swing, crib, walker, exersaucer, fake tree, bike and a huge box of misc items. Her cab was already full and she had a baker's rack in the bed. How she got it all in there, I have no idea.. but I clapped when she got the tailgate closed. :)~
I did have a small truck load worth of stuff left by the end. Things I knew I could sell at the resale shops or CL. The rest is going to donation. Nothing really wrong with the stuff, just that we didn't need it and I didn't care enough about it to want to mess with it ever again. Plus, not bringing it back to the house ensures that neither Brian or I won't drag it back into use.
I may have even picked up a new client and he may be my new pest control guy... heck, if he can do it for $50 a quarter, he's already saving me $400 a year. Keep the fire ants away, and I'll be satisfied.
Everyone did really well. I made out well enough that I can now book my SNUBA expedition in Belize. And we will have cash for food while we are there. Here's hoping my clients pay on time, cuz then I'll be able to pay cash for the resort. I'm so excited about this trip.. and even more excited that it'll be paid for before we even leave. :)
Now to recover... it took a lot more out of me than I thought it would. My whole body aches from exhaustion. I napped while Liam slept this afternoon. I'm hoping to go to bed shortly after I'm done here. Exhausted, but, with a great big smile on my face. :)
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment