Reading.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

As a mom, I found that I really don't get to read. I take that back, I read... but the books typically start with something along the lines of "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?" Kaylee loves books and I try to read to her often. We have so many books that I've bought over the years that are just "too old" for her still. They are too long, not enough pictures, too fragile to allow her to play with them by herself.

A few weeks ago, I went to a book show geared towards kids. I was super impressed. As someone who struggled through school because she was told she couldn't read, I felt these books were what *I* needed as a kid to engage me a little better. It was the first time EVER that I have actually wanted to sell something. Avon - ehh.. Tupperware - ehh.. Pampered Chef - ehh.. and I intentionally stayed away from Creative Memories because I would NEVER make money with them. I'd buy everything in the catalog. :p

But this.. this is different. And if I can convince Brian, I'm going to sell this. The books are well made, but cheap. They are colorful and exciting for infants all the way through middle school. They are also educational and interactive.

I think not only would I be successful at selling this product, but it would force me out of my comfort zone - The House. It'd force me to meet new people. To talk. To engage. To be happy. And to make a few bucks while doing it? Why not? I have enough mom friends and if they all have just one mom friend, the circle would technically keep expanding.

I have to get my office more organized. Maybe after I dye my hair tomorrow...

Hoping to sign up tonight, then I can say more and maybe convince some of ya'll to have a party. :) And if not, I might put a guilt trip on ya - what? You don't want to read awesome books to your kids? The shame... HA! jk :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment