Abuse.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's amazing what you can learn or be reminded of while throwing a garage sale.

This morning an awful argument fired up between a couple in the neighborhood across the street from the garage sale. It scared me - that's how bad it was. I was so close to calling 911, and now 18 hours later I'm still regretting not doing that.

There was no physical abuse that I saw, but the yelling/screaming/cussing and tantrum driving was out of control. The worst part was when the lady hauled out of her garage and driveway, sped off squealing her tires and all.. then came back. For her daughter. Sigh...

Just knowing there was a child witnessing her parents fight so explosively makes me sick. Maybe that's why I can't sleep tonight.. that poor girl is old enough to remember this and every other fight her parents obviously have. It's damaging her more than her parents even care to recognize.

While every married couple has their ups and downs, I just don't see why the downs have to be that extreme. I don't see why the fight can't wait until everyone cools off... the kids are in bed or away... I have no issues talking out a problem in front of the kids, but if it's going to get heated, I like to keep that behind doors. And if you know the conversation won't go well because of all you want to say - talk to a friend for another way... there's always another way... I wasn't really taught how to properly communicate or how to work out a problem without hiding behind a computer monitor. It's something I have to push myself outside of my comfort zone to do. It's hard. And it shouldn't be.

That tantrum the lady threw.. the example she showed her child... despicable. It serves for an important remind to myself. I'm not an even tempered kind of person, but I want my children to be, which means I have to lead by example. HARD. It's hard to reprogram...

I'm not necessarily talking about Brian and I... but more my driving. I'm not level headed on the road. People do THE DUMBEST THINGS. And I just don't understand why. What makes them think it's ok to do what they do that is so very wrong? That's when I lose it. I used to love driving and now I hate it. My anxiety is super high and even higher if someone else is driving me. Kaylee's school is 5 minutes away, pretty much down the street. Yet, I wish it were closer. Walking distance, perhaps... Same with the grocery store. Anything so I don't have to get in the truck/car...


2 comments:

Annaliese said...

I am so glad I read this finally because I was really freaked out by the fact that this was not discussed. I was SO scared that other people thought that was normal and is has haunted me this whole time.

Mr & Mrs T. said...

You should have been a fly on the wall when I had a conversation about it with the neighbors I know. O M G. They CONDONED IT. "It's just how they are.." "It's better now."

W T F. No. It will get better when those two immature idiots have their kids taken away and they are sent to anger management classes. THAT'S when it will get better. No concern for the children at all. Broke my heart into a million pieces.

Post a Comment