The Journey Continues...

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I'm very excited to announce that I have hit a big milestone. I'm half way to my weight goal. I'm 10 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight, which will be my next goal. I'm 15lbs away from my "pre-Brian" weight. And 30 lbs away from my overall goal, which may vary by 5lbs depending on how I feel once I get close.

I haven't exercised much in the past month. Things kept getting in the way. Walking is near impossible as it's so hot when we get going that I don't want to subject the kids to that. If the long parts of our walk didn't face the sun, I would probably have a different stance... but unfortunately, the streets are mostly W-E.

On top of everything, my supply has dropped some. Liam is cranky a lot, so I've picked up the pace with all the things you can do to increase supply. Continuing with that... his 4 month checkup went like this: 11.6lbs and 24" tall. Or.. in doctor's terms, 2% and 5%. UGH. Kaylee was also tiny, but there's only been one boy in our family that has been this little. So, I think just the anxiety of it all hasn't helped me. Knowing that the reason he's cranky is because he's still hungry makes me sad. I did supplement with a bottle yesterday just to get him feeling better, but I don't have much in reserves, and I know bottle feeding won't help my supply... so here's hoping I can make it to my first goal with Liam... 6 months. And then my 2nd goal... 9 months.. and my final, ultimate goal.. 1 year.

And now on to the exciting news.

Kaylee starts school in FIVE WEEKS (Sept 5th). I'm super stoked. Super sad. And super anxious. I will have 12 hours for all sorts of things. I can clean my house (hehe)! Liam will start swim lessons in October. I can start WORK again. Brian is so excited that he's given up his gun allowance for the year so I can upgrade my software. Awww!

I have a huge project that I'll be working on. It'll take years for it to get off the ground, but it's something else that I'm really excited about. I hope it works out because if so, it could set my family up for a nice, comfortable lifestyle once we break even and make a profit. It'll also give me a bigger purpose in life. I know that sounds awful, but I was not meant to be a SAHM. It's not that I don't love being the one to raise my kids. It's that I am a workaholic. The one thing that I got from my dad was my work ethic. And it truly makes me stircrazy when I can't get things done that I want done NOW. I need that in my life to feel successful. Awful. I know. But.. it is what it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment