Still. Nothing. No hits.
Now.. that doesn't mean we didn't make a tad bit of progress. She's still super excited about sitting there, which was not the case the first time we tried. She pretty much hated me after day one that time. I thought I would give up if we didn't have any hits today. But, I'm starting to think that if we just keep doing what we're doing, even if there's no hits for weeks, she'll get it sooner than if I stop altogether.
And it could be that I'm confusing the hell out of her. I only bought 1 pack of panties. It's all I honestly had time to hem so they would fit her. And her panties are as expensive as mine! How is this so?? (ps.. yes, I wear cheapies compared to a lot of women.. lol). And even then, I barely got it done before she needed a new pair. Today, we had so many accidents that I couldn't get them cleaned and dried fast enough, so back in the pullups she went. UGH.
I also broke down and found the cheapest potty I could find. The reason? We had one close call yesterday. I just couldn't get her there in time. She literally peed while I was running with her. Again. Double UGH. This might have been the best thing I could have done though. She is now getting all of her stuffed animals to use the potty. She sits on it regularly by herself. Sometimes she takes her pullup/panties off, sometimes she doesn't. I praise her for trying either way.
So... on to Day 5, which will be tricky because we have swim lessons and later on dinner at my dad's. My dad has a potty because of my nephew when he was training, so I may ask him to move it to the living room so she can continue her little routine.
I'm so much less frustrated today than I was yesterday.. and the day before... and the first day. I'm still in a bad mood though, but it is starting to have less to do with this.
My next question is... what happens Sunday? I am supposed to go to church with my grandmother. We'll be there pretty much most of the day. It's a huge celebration for the church hitting 75 years. I went from pretty much birth to 15 and then on and off til 18, so thankfully I know the church building well. Do I take her potty with us and just leave it in the bathroom? I don't *think* anyone would mess with it.. Lord, I hope not... or do I just put her in a pullup and not worry about it? This whole leaving the house thing during training kinda sucks...
2 years ago
2 comments:
Stick with it....it will happen and all of the sudden she will just get it!
Hang in there :)
And the whole peeing when you are out thing...that still a pain in a$$ even after they are potty trained! But bring the potty!
I think I am.. I'm finely chilling out about it.. My OCD makes this much harder on me than it should. I think I will take the potty too.. I'll tape her name to it so people will leave (hopefully) leave it alone.
Post a Comment