Today was "meet the teacher day." I was super nervous about meeting not only the teacher, but the kids and their parents. Kaylee will be one of 7 kids in her class. Kaylee will also be the only girl. And the youngest. And the only one not potty trained. But, because of a recent post I just read about not being negative on your blog... I'm going to try and find the silver lining in all of this.
a) She's the only girl -- meaning, she'll learn to stick up for herself instead of being pushed around.
b) She's the youngest -- but also still on par with the almost 3 year olds in the class. I was impressed by how well she fit in.
c) She's not potty trained. This is probably what I'm most excited about. The teacher is going to work with her, but also seeing the other kids not in diapers should help as well. I'm hoping by December, we're done with diapers. But, of course I would love for that to be much, much sooner.
I like everything so far about the school in the big picture. The things I don't like.. well, I think that just comes with having your kid in a different environment for the first time. Three days a week is starting to seem like a lot of time away from me, which does make me sad. But, the silver lining is I'll be able to have a good bit of quality time with Liam, just like she had.
Kaylee is super excited. She has been asking to see "teacher" ever since we got home. Occasionally she'll use her name, but I suspect she'll call her "teacher" for a while. It's pretty darn cute.
2 years ago
2 comments:
All of those things definitely have advantages! I think they pick up a lot of new skills earlier when they are the youngest in their class and the potty training thing could go MUCH faster than you're thinking now that she's going to be surrounded by big kids who go on the potty:) And being the only girl can be good in lots of ways if you ask me!
My SIL was telling me her mom held her back because she was the only girl. If I do that, her and Liam would be in the same class, which I really don't like. I think her learning to be a tomboy like her momma is PERFECT. She's so girlie and I have a hard time keeping up.
Post a Comment