Unless you have a toddler.
I saw that phrase on one of those cartoons people post on FB. It rings so very true. Needless to say, my house is rarely quiet. The kids tend to take naps at different times, although I'm working on getting Liam on a more regular nap schedule so he can sync with Kaylee's afternoon nap. He typically takes 3 or 4 naps a day, but they don't usually last very long. I'm hoping to get him down to 2-3 naps so that maybe he'll sleep a bit longer during them.
Today, while nursing Liam, Kaylee had her first "hit" on the potty. I set the baby down, who began crying almost immediately, to praise her for a job well done. I had tears in my eyes from being so happy. She received high fives, a handful of M&Ms (I told her 2, but didn't have the heart to take away the extra 3 she grabbed), a sticker to put on her potty chart and we danced around like little fools. It was great. :) Then we called Daddy and her Mima to tell them the good news.
In other news, I'm still uber tired. Sleep is not coming very easily to me. I'm starting to gear up to start working again. Last night, I did some preliminary stuff and will start coding later next week to get my site back up and running. I have a few jobs in the hopper that I hope pan out. 2 are trade, but the rest would be paying gigs, which we ohhh so need. So, if you or anyone you know needs either a web site, updates to a web site or search engine work done, please send them my way. I work quickly and am a lot cheaper than the companies out there.
My work hours will be M,W,F 9:30a to 12:30p and every week night 8p-10p (probably later, but that's as late as I want to take calls or reply to emails.)
I've decided that we're going to hold off on Liam's swim lessons until January, which means he'll be 9 months old and 4 months ahead of when Kaylee started. I'm super excited to see if he surpasses her milestones just by starting him a few months earlier and not having any breaks. They have a $25 admin fee every calendar year so starting him in October doesn't sound like a good use of time or money. Plus, with the holidays, things will be hectic enough.
Anyway, that's it for now.. off to clean, then maybe back here later for some more work stuff. I'm so excited! September 5th cannot get here soon enough. :)
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment