Potty Training... Take 2

Sunday, August 12, 2012

We have nowhere to be until Friday morning for swim lessons. And since she's been asking to sit on the potty again, and doing so willingly, I figured it might be worth it to try again.

Liam is on a more regular schedule and I am suspecting a growth spurt, as he is sleeping a ton. This also makes timing good.

The only thing I'm worried about is school. She starts her class in a few weeks. So, at what point is "too much change" really too much? Because our lives always have changing going on...  so if I keep putting her off, she'll be 10 and still in diapers. LOL I kid.. I hope...

On top of the bottomless method, I'm giving in and throwing in rewards. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's how my inlaws are able to get her to go. My plan is to get her up, sit her on the potty and explain to her that we are going to the store and why. Then, we shall go across the street to the Dollar Tree and I'll let her pick out some goodies. And while she's not paying attention, I'll grab some M&Ms, because I think that's what the inlaws give her.

I'm not so much desperate as I am tired... and for some reason, I have in my head that after we get through the hard part, things will be easier. I still think she has been ready for a while, but again.. the change... last time we tried I had a new baby in the house who was constantly nursing. Here's hoping the 2nd time is the charm.... :p

PS: anyone know where to find 9-12 month panties?? Because 2T will fall right off my no-butt child... yes, I'm serious. My 2 year old is still in 12 month pants. But, that's with a diaper, so without, she needs an even smaller size. EEK!

1 comments:

Rain said...

Good luck! I hope it goes better this time!

Post a Comment