I rarely do this, but 2012 will be yet another year of lots of change. I'd like to set some goals out there and see if I'm able to accomplish any of them, if only part-time.
* Keep the house cleaner. I made a daily list at the old house that I was able to keep up with, so I just need to do that for the new one. I know I can do this if I put my mind to it. I just need to retrain the husband on a few things. He does real good when ya pester him for a few days. :p
* Create a menu that I can rotate, including a grocery list. While I buy little that is processed, we still seem to waste a lot of raw food since none of us eat that much. Time to chop the recipes in half!
* Sell, sell, sell! Get rid of anything and everything we don't want, need or use. I can't wait for the next garage sale!
* Exercise regularly. I need to start walking daily. The weather hasn't been horrible lately and there's no reason I can't plop Kaylee in the stroller and go. Shopping this past Monday actually helped my legs feel better, so I know if I just power through the pain for a few minutes, I'll feel better in the end. Once the baby is here, I need to continue on my journey of finding free or super cheap classes to attend. I have a free yoga and zumba class. I'd love to join 24 Hour Fitness again, especially since they are right down the street, but $60 a month?!? Good grief... And I want to join Weight Watchers since a few friends seem to do well on that program. My goal weight is still 120. And this pregnancy has pushed me to my highest weight ever, so I'm seriously scared I'll never see that number again. Hopefully, giving birth, breastfeeding and walking will help me get a jump start on that, but I seriously doubt I'll lose 50 pounds in a week. :)~
* Scrapbook at least once a week. Brian is building me an awesome scrapbook area. And I'm so far behind on Kaylee's book. Now I have the new baby to scrap for! Yikes. I need quite a few power scrap days to catch up. But, if I can make it a routine to take an hour for myself to organize or put a page together, then I know I can catch up.
* Start a home business with homemade crafts. I have lots of ideas, but I need to get my plan together, build a site, build an inventory and get going. It's obvious that I can't concentrate on coding for clients right now, so I need to do something else to bring in money. And if that means my "day off" is spent making things to sell, so be it. I've always been a crafty person, so I'm not afraid of the actual work. I'm more afraid of making the investment and not being able to sell anything. However.... there are a lot of gift shops in town and lots of farmers markets and festivals. So, I just need to get to it.
* And finally (for now), ignore any man who gives me breastfeeding advice and feed this baby the best way I know how for a year. I made it 6 months with Kaylee FT and 2 months PT. Formula is just really expensive and I don't want to pay for it again. Plus, that stuff stinks! Ick...
2 years ago
3 comments:
Breastfeeding is hard! I made it a little over a year but it was a struggle! You can do it though! It's only a year out of your life :)
What kind of crafts are you thinking of making?
Breastfeeding will be easier this time around because you know what to expect and how to handle yourself if people question you on it. It can be done!
What is on your daily list? Do you have a daily list and a weekly list or what? I'd like to see how you organize to stay on top of things because I am, as you know, working on that myself!
I completely forgot that my neighborhood has a gym I can use for free. SCORE!!!
I used to make candles. I want to get into soaps, scrubs and butters. And I scrapbook. It's been suggested that I make layouts and sell them to people who don't have the time or creativity to do it themselves. And some sewing projects.
I haven't made the list yet. With us all being sick, I put all of it on the back burner. I'll post my daily to do. I break things down by hour/day and rearrange based on Kaylee's schedule or errands.
My problem with breastfeeding before was listening to a man about what to do. So, this time I plan to continue on with my gut.
Post a Comment