Kaylee's second Christmas

Friday, December 30, 2011

Welp, this is it! The last Christmas Kaylee will have as an only child. Next year, she'll have her 9 month old baby sibling crawling around getting into trouble with her. I have to admit, I'm slightly scared.

This Christmas was a bit different from the previous years. I played a much bigger role in getting things ready at my grandmother's house. How she does that every year by herself is beyond me. I know she had my grandfather to help, but it was still a lot of work! He wanted to be involved, which made me a bit nervous. I was terrified his shirt was going to catch fire on the burner. But, all was well. The rest of the weekend was pretty routine. We opened presents at Meme's, then at Dad's, then the following day we went to Grandma & Papa's and finally Mimi's out in Rockdale.

I was still limping around from my fall, which made me sad since I didn't think I'd be able to go shopping Monday. Not sure I would have made it out super early regardless though because about 5pm Christmas Day, Kaylee showed signs of a cold. She didn't sleep that night and woke up super nasty. I did manage to make it out around 9am. Brian stay home with Miss Snotty. He said he was starting to feel bad as well. Great. 2 out of 3 people in the house have colds, there's no way I was going to escape it if I tried. Sure enough, Tuesday is when my cold hit. I also had to take Kaylee into the doctor for her first real sick visit. And the diagnosis - first ear infection. WOOT. 10 days of antibiotics. This week has pretty much sucked. We're all on the upswing though. Tomorrow is Brian's birthday, so I'm hoping I'm well enough to make it out to the ranch to hang out with friends.
Most of her gifts seem to be taller than her!

Why right the toy when you can ride the box??


See? Riding the box is fun! Who cares what's inside?

Our gift to Kaylee was actually free. A friend of a friend gave away a kitchen and a huge box of accessories. We had been looking for a kitchen for her, but they were so expensive! Even on sale, we wouldn't have been able to get it. The wild thing is she seemed to know exactly what to do with it... I present "Kaylee making Creme de aire"

When we say "Day After Christmas Shopping" we mean, we're stockin' up on 50% off ziplocks and paper towels for the year!

2 comments:

CO said...

That is the exact same kitchen that Sophie has! Only instead of green the counter part is blue on hers I think! She got it last year for Christmas and also loved it! Miss you guys!

Rain said...

OMG that's a lot of stocking up....good idea though! Hope you and the family are feeling better!!!
Happy New Year

Post a Comment