Now, I have to be careful how I word this because most of my inlaws are Aggies. And believe it or not, I actually really like my inlaws. So, I'll base my experiences with Aggies in general as pre-2008. They are ruthless fans. They can be mean, but for the most part we have shared a great rivalry for decades. Unfortunately, that rivalry is over. I'm very upset about this. It was always a fun game to watch, especially since it was typically on Thanksgiving - it became a family affair. Sometimes I would get worked up over it -- like when they took not one, but two cheap shots at McCoy a few years ago which caused him to need surgery. But for the most part, it's just a game my friends and I could pick on each other about.
Now that the game will no longer be played, some of the Aggies have gotten their panties in a wad. I will admit I have not been happy with the Horn's Football program as of late. I believe the Longhorn Network is nothing but a money grab. I won't be subscribing. I think Mack is an awesome coach, but he should have stepped down after the championship. And while this has nothing to do with the program itself, I don't think those refs should have been on the field if they favored a particular team.
But even though I'm not happy with the program, doesn't mean I don't still bleed orange. So, I'd like to remind the Aggies that while the last game did have biased refs on the field, there was no way that game was going to make up for the 72 losses you had before then.
Just in case you were wondering, 73 is a bigger number than 36 (the number of times the Aggies have beat the Longhorns). We've dominated ya'll the entire rivalry, so don't start pouting now because ya'll lost that last game. Even if ya'll had won, UT would still have bragging rights.
Hook'em Baby! :)~
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment