San Diego

Friday, November 11, 2011

So, it's happening! I'm leaving Tuesday morning and won't return home until late Friday night. I'll miss my baby and husband greatly, but I need a little respite before the next one arrives. The thing about me and traveling is I'd rather do it alone. It gives me a break from life. I can do whatever and go whenever I want without having to rely on someone else agreeing to my hairbrained ideas/plans.

Here's what I have planned:
Tuesday, I'll get in and to the hotel around 5:15pm. I imagine I'll be exhausted, so I don't have much planned for this evening. In fact, I bet I end up in one of the bar/lounges for dinner.

Wednesday, I'll get up and leave the hotel to be at the bus stop by 8am so I can head to the zoo. The first exhibit will be the pandas, then I'll work my way around and probably come back to them by the end of the day at 5pm. I suspect that after a day of walking, I will end up back at the bar/lounge for dinner. :p I may be a bit predictable on this trip!

Thursday, I'll get up and head to the Spa for a Natural Mom massage. 60 minutes of pure relaxation. There won't be much on my plate from 10:30 to 2p, but if I feel like going somewhere, I might hop on a bus to go to Old Town for some shopping. I need to be back at the airport to pick up my rental car by 3p. From there, I'm driving to La Jolla Cove to watch the sunset. Ahhh, more relaxation! :) Since I'll have a bit more freedom with the car, I will probably find somewhere other than the bar to eat dinner.

Friday morning I'm off to Point Loma. The only thing that I'm a bit bummed about is that the tide is supposed to be high, so I might not get to see anything. I'm going for the tide pools and the light house. After that, I'll need to eat, so I'm off to Little Italy. I found a 5 star review online, so here's hoping! The prices are great, too. I'll have a few hours to burn before I have to be at the airport to leave, so I might go to Gaslamp Quarter. We'll see. I need to be at the airport by 2 or so to head back home. I'm sure I'll be ready to come back by then.

SO EXCITED! I have more maps and itineraries printed than I know what to do with.

4 comments:

Rain said...

Fun! Sounds like a great trip!

I recommend if you have a car going to Coronado...that's always a good place! And you have to eat mexican food while you are there! You won't regret it! If you make it up to Del Mar there is a great "jewish" deli restaurant called Miltons. It's REALLY good! Be safe and take a lot of pics!

Mr & Mrs T. said...

Sweet! Thanks for the suggestions... I'll hunt out Mexican food after La Jolla Cove :)

There's no way I'll make it to Del Mar unfortunately. Coronado is a possibility though. What's there to do?

Rain said...

Coronado is just very pretty and has a cute little town. Very pretty beach area too!! You drive over this huge bridge, as it's an island.

Hillcrest is a fun place to eat too! They have some good cheap places to eat.

This place is one of my favorites:

http://www.breadandciecatering.com/

They have GREAT bread!

Adrianne said...

Sounds great! Hope you have a blast and get some much needed rest!

Post a Comment