If you send out an invitation to someone and they don't receive it... and that person asks for another one but you don't have one - you would give them all the information from the invitation and not have them track it down themselves, right? Would it really stress you out to the point of making a fool of yourself on a social network site?
Coming from someone who had half of her wedding invitations lost or dismantled by the USPS, I understand the frustration, but giving people a few addresses wasn't a big deal. It was the least of my problems. Then again, I always had it in my head that the wedding is just one day... and while I wanted it to be nice, I didn't want to be completely and utterly stressed out because of it.
I'm kind of over the whole "zilla" phase that the world is going through. There's bridezillas, groomzillas, babymommazillas, snarky-know-it-all-zilla.... it's obnoxious.
Keep it simple, ladies... you have no idea what real stress is if THIS gets your panties in a wad.
2 years ago
2 comments:
Seeing that I can't speak from personal experience (yet), I think some people freak out over the littlest things when they get married. I would love to elope (but my mother would kill me). You have to understand the wrath of Georgeanne!!
:)
Rach
When I told Meme I wanted to go to a JP for my first marriage, she had a fit. So, yea.. I totally get it! And ended up at Rosedale fellowship hall... with a JP. :p win-win
But, in the end, they'll get over it... eloping is financially smart for everyone around... AND so much less stressful... noone says you can't still have a party to celebrate later.
I had asked Brian if we could do that... he said no - his mom would kill him... but the week of the wedding, he changed his mind.. he was over it.. and our wedding was fairly simple, nor did he do much to plan it!
Post a Comment