Native Texan is Frying....

Sunday, September 4, 2011

I was born and raised here, so I've gotten used to us only having two seasons. However, this year has been brutal. I've never seen so many 110-113F degree days. I also have never experienced more 100+ days in my lifetime. We're on 79 days. We'll easily hit 80 today. This smashes the record from 1925 of 68 days of 100F+.

Our nights have been pretty warm as well. It was not uncommon for it to be 100 at 10pm. We just started to drift into the high 70s as a low. And as of today, we're drifting into the 60s! That's jacket weather, ya'll! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. It's been so bloody hot that I really thought it would never end. I fear our new trees did not survive the drought and all of those hot days even though they have had a constant drip. Only time will tell there. Our yard has barely survived. And that swing set I wanted so badly? Yea.. it hasn't been used much because of the heat. I just couldn't take her out there... but this week it's on! We're going to get back to swimming and back to swinging. Can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment