It really is my miracle drug... I wish I could afford to do it more regularly. I went in yesterday for a variety of reasons. Two of the reasons was for sleep and back pain. My back began to hurt more and more recently - to the point where I was having a hard time picking Kaylee up. I hated climbing the stairs. Even sitting or laying down was painful. Nothing helped. I broke down and used my Group On that I had bought back in July.
While I didn't sleep through the night last night, I did manage to sleep longer spurts. Even one of the spurts lasted until 7! Yay to no more midnight wakings (for the day!)... There's really not much worse than getting only 2-4 hours of sleep for 3 weeks straight to make a lady a bit crazy. My back also no longer hurts.
I have to laugh at those who think acupuncture is a placebo effect. There's no way they have tried it for something as serious as back pain. This is the third time that some form of "puncture" has helped my back. When I was 17, a friend popped my back incorrectly. This was after I told him not to do it in the first place. For years, I was unable to lay down without popping it back into alignment so it would stop hurting. At 24, I met Laura. She was my sweet Brazilian friend who I have since lost contact with. :( She recommended colorpuncture. It's the same technique as acupuncture, but uses concentrated beams of colored light. She suggested it because I have an irrational fear of needles.
One treatment and I didn't have to ever pop my back again..... until I got pregnant. Pregnancy is hard on a body. I get that it's what a woman's body is essentially made for, but the changes you go through is rough. At 38 weeks, I went into my first acupuncture appointment. I was pleasantly surprised that it doesn't hurt! Not only that, but I left feeling pretty normal.
So, when I stopped sleeping well and my back started hurting, I made an appointment. I'm pretty sure I am starting to believe more in Chinese medicine than I am in Western medicine, which is just ruled by BigPharma.
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment