Wood pulp in our food

Monday, July 11, 2011

 This article really grossed me out. I'm sure I've been eating cellulose all my life. But, I had no idea that it was wood pulp. In fact, I never took much time to think about what it really was. I've been slowly teaching myself what different ingredients in processed foods are... this one was just "forced" upon me via a post through in.gredients on FB.

This article officially grossed me out. I'm thankful that our fast food intake has been drastically reduced to almost nothing. But, I haven't gotten rid of all the processed stuff yet. This will be a great motivator.

http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2011/07/08/15-food-companies-that-serve-you-wood/

5 comments:

Rain said...

Are you back on Facebook !?

Mr & Mrs T. said...

Ugh. Yes and no. Ok... yes. But, I need to get off there again. I got back on after my Canada trip so I could share pix... then there was a photo contest, so I was spamming everyone. I limit my time on there greatly. I am done with the mommyblog though. Just one little thing finally pushed me over to really give it up.

Rain said...

Uh oh....that doesn't sound good. There are a few friends I have on there that I miss seeing new pics of, etc...but all in all glad I am not obsessing over it. Kind of interested in google +. I will let you know when we go to Lampasas again. We usually go almost every weekend.

Adrianne said...

Yep, the more I learn about the food industry, the more grossed out I become. We do still buy some processed foods, though much less than ever before and only things with REAL ingredients. If there is an entire paragraph in the ingredients section, I definitely don't buy it! There's a lot to learn, but I feel like it's so worth it!

Mr & Mrs T. said...

Rain - I haven't seen Google+ yet.. I could get an invite from a friend in my network, but I'm kind of scared of having another time-suck activity... hehe

Adrianne - My "Pantry Cleanse" is going pretty well... I should be cellulose-free soon now that I'm looking for more than HFCS. There's so many things that I've found better alternatives to... Here's hoping I teach Kaylee better eating habits than I've had in the past!

Post a Comment