We Made It!

Monday, July 18, 2011

We went two weeks without a major grocery shop. Now, our fridge is pretty bare and it's screaming to be cleaned. There's still things in the pantry, but it's thinned out quite a bit. I'm pretty proud of us! I did get some veggies, fruit and milk along the way, but that was it.

Our grocery list consists of a lot of cheese. Mexican cheese, colby jack, parmesan, cheddar, mozarella, Velveeta (I know it's not really cheese....), which I'm almost embarrassed about... but we love cheese.. what can I say? And I like to give Kaylee cheese as snacks every now and then.

I made my list based on what I have left in my pantry. It should last us another 2 weeks. Our menu will be a bit boring this time around.... and carb heavy! Chicken and rice, King Ranch Casserole, Enchiladas, tostadas, nachos, tuna fish, grilled cheese sandwiches, egg sandwiches, alfredo or pesto pasta, pizza...

I'll get my food dehydrator Wednesday night! I'm so excited about this. I really want to try and make yogurt, but Kaylee has a ton right now, so I need to wait. Instead, I have decided my first experiment will be kale and sweet potato chips.

Now I'm hungry.....

3 comments:

Rain said...

Dehydrator will be nice! I love fruit in the dehydrator...SOOO good! Oh and by the way I LOVE cheese! I probably eat WAY too much!

Sandra said...

Oh my....as someone who is currently on a low carb diet, I don't think I should have read your menu...now not only am I going around sounding like the cookie monster saying: "Me want cookie" but I've added cheese to the refrain.

Mr & Mrs T. said...

We shouldn't be eating all these carbs either, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.. LOL Once my pantry is clear of processed stuff, I'm hoping to back off the carbs a bit. We'll still have pasta and rice, because it's cheap... but I'm hoping for more meats and veggies.

PS: Welcome to my blog :) Thanks for reading!

Post a Comment