A while back, my friend Paula posted a video she found on self watering containers. I have been wanting to do this ever since, but I valued my blue tubs a lot for storage, so I haven't done it.
Today, as I was giving Kaylee her milk, I realized I was going to be buying gallons of milk for the next foreseeable future. And at least until in.gredients opens in October (assuming they get their funding), I would be stuck with buying those plastic jugs every week.
So, I Googled "self watering containers milk jugs" and my favorite How to site popped up with these instructions.
I don't have any floral foam, but I do have some dense sponges. I took a cheapo sponge and cut it half (length-wise) and rolled up. Then shoved it in the little opening.
The cost of this project depends on what kind of milk you buy. I buy organic, so it's around $4. The great thing about this is I won't be purchasing anything I don't already buy.
Ta-da!
Next... I'll try garlic that I bought from our local Pfarmers market.
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment