Kale Chips

Friday, July 22, 2011

I have just finished my first ever dehydrating project. I started with something I've actually never had. A while back I did a Groupon for a local grocery delivery service. It delivered a bunch of locally grown vegetables, which I shared with a good friend. In the bucket was kale. I had no clue what it was. Thankfully, my friend is a vegetarian, so she could tell me all that we got. She even gave us a way to cook it up. Both Brian and I really enjoyed the dish! I've never been a big chip person, but every now and then I get the urge to gorge myself with them. This is why I wanted to try making some veggie chips.

The results:

Why my picture is portrait instead of landscape is beyond me.. stupid Blogger.

Anyway, they aren't bad! It's definitely way different from a potato chip. They are very thin and have a completely different texture, but overall, it was 9 hours well spent (waiting... I didn't have to do anything to them during the process).

Here's the recipe if you want to try! http://thehealthyeatingsite.com/salted-kale-chips/

0 comments:

Post a Comment