Cable. We has it.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

In April of 2009, we canceled cable. It's been a glorious 2+ years watching only Netflix, DVDs we already owned and rented movies.But, then Netflix's selection began to trickle out. It became harder and harder to find things we wanted to watch. And finally, Brian asked if we could fit cable into our budget.

Thanks to a bunch of discounts they are giving now for a 6 month period, it is. I'm switching cell phone carriers and we are cutting out a bunch of things in our grocery bill. Things like sodas, juice, ice cream (ok, not always...) and other processed foods that I can make from scratch. We're also working on lowering our electric/water bill. I'm keeping the A/C at the highest most comfortable position. Lately, that's been 80F instead of 77F. If I'm feeling hot, all I have to do is step outside to remember what hot really is. Water usage has been a big problem for us. We finally got our outside faucets fixed, so no more wasting water while watering the yard. I am a bather. But, I love filling the tub and soaking for a good half hour. My sacrifice is to lower my tub level. That should pretty much do it.

But, I can already tell this is going to be a problem. I'm not a big TV person... unless it's a show that I like. Just now, when I was going to get up and make some bread, a show I like came on... so I sat back down. The cable has been installed for a whole hour and a half. /facepalm.

I am not liking that Kaylee will be exposed to commercials (more than the once a week she goes to her grandma's). But, I'll have to just limit how much I have the TV on... I can do this. I know I can...

0 comments:

Post a Comment