So, I've been doing this weight loss challenge thing with a friend (and others). Normally I do really bad at these.. but this time... I MET MY GOAL. And it's glorious. It's a 12 week challenge, so I try to shoot for 1 lb a week. And I did it!
180 lbs... to a glorious 136. I'm still shooting for my overall goal of 120-125, but if I don't lose another pound, I think I would still be happy. I feel lighter. I feel better. However, I haven't seemed to have lost any sizes in a while. At 180, I was an 18. This was so depressing for me because my regular size is an 8. I'm down to a 12, but have been there since about 145. So, I'm a bit confused on WHERE I'm losing weight... because apparently, it's not where I need to lose it. Blah.
Either way... only 11-16 lbs to go!
Now if I could just tackle this killer depression I have going on. Grrr..
2 years ago
2 comments:
Wow that is AWESOME!! Congrats! I know the depression could be post-partum, but have you had your thyroid checked? I know that pregnancy can sometimes cause hypothyroidism and it sounds like you might have some of the symptoms. I learned recently that I have thyroid disease and recently started a medication that is already making me feel better. It's such a relief to feel some of this depression begin to lift. I hope you find some answers soon!
Bodies are shaped so differently - remember I'm still over 200 but wear 16/18. Even when I lost a total of 28 lbs before the wedding I still only went down to a 14/16. Point being: sizes are just numbers and what ultimately matters is how you feel and how your clothes fit. In any event, Way to go!!
(Side note: turns out my recent bout of the blahs was due to a very significant iron deficiency -not pku issues after all! Taking the right amount of a supplement has changed my entire demeanor)
Post a Comment