Potty Training... success?

Monday, November 26, 2012

The week before last, I started working with Kaylee a bit more consistently when we were home and didn't have anywhere to be. We started 2 Tuesdays ago since that's a "stay at home" day. There were plenty of accidents, but this time didn't seem as frustrating. She went to school as usual on Wednesday and Friday and did swim lessons on Thursday, so those were more "half" days. Saturday was when we would kick it into high gear. She wouldn't have school all last week and even though we had to travel, I knew I could still work with her.

Saturday, however did not start out as planned. I woke up at 4am feeling like I had been hit by a truck. Needless to say, we stayed in my bed all day. I did work with her and she only had 2 accidents, both my fault for not being able to get up quick enough.

Sunday, my MIL asked to take her. I agreed only if they made it their priority. That didn't go how I wanted and I knew I should have just said no, but we're through it and everything is fine now.

Monday-Wednesday went ok. There were a few accidents here and there. Nothing horrible though. Wednesday after Brian got off work was when we were to travel to the ranch. I cut the poor kid off from her milk at 5 thinking we'd leave at 6. We didn't leave until almost 7. She was dying of thirst. But she made it out there without any problems. Thursday was a frustrating at the end. She went all day without an accident, but as soon as I got side tracked with a family game, she had 2 within 15 minutes. Friday was fine and all weekend she did great. There were several naps and overnights where she even stayed dry.

Today, I sent her to school without pullups or diapers. My little girl really has grown up now. Soon, she'll be able to physically climb up and go all by herself. Unfortunately, she's still too tiny to do that. I'm nervous, but am hoping today goes well. Here's hoping!

1 comments:

Post a Comment