Oh yea... we got this!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Minus Monday's school disaster, I'd like to say that Kaylee is officially potty trained during the day. I'm sad that my baby girl is growing up so fast, but at the same time, I'm thankful for no more diapers with her.

She did great at school Wednesday. No accidents! So, I think if they will just keep a little extra focus on her, she'll be fine at school.

Yesterday, I also build Kaylee's bed. She had been sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Brian cut out a bed for her, but for some reason he thought I'd have the time/energy to sand, edge tape/trim, stain and put it together by myself. UHM NO. I might be able to get all that done in the next 6 months, so the bed can be for Liam. It's basically the same thing since we based the design off of the store-bought bed.

So... my next projects are: finish dining chairs (sand, stain and upholster) and build a bed. With two children 2 and under. Ambitious? Oh yea... Impossible? Probably so...

2 comments:

Rain said...

I need to sand and refinish a table too...did you buy an electric sander..I need to. The seats need to be upholstered too...I want to see how yours turn out and if you have any tips for me.
Sorry I flaked on your xmas shopping thing. I have had cold/flu since Sat...so annoying!

Kristal said...

I have a little "mouse" sander. Ryobee brand, so super cheap (but honestly, just fine... I love the brand!). I am going to upholster the seat part of the chairs myself, but will have to take the chairs to have the backs done. A friend recommended a place, but not sure where I put the info..

No problem on the shopping thing. Maybe we can do lunch some weekend after the new year.. I can show you the catalog. They are really cool books. The kids will love them!

Hope you feel better! I had the same thing the weekend before Thanksgiving. Ugh.

Post a Comment