Our New Home

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Welcome to our new home!

Most of these pictures were taken before we moved in, which is probably better because at least the place looks like a nice, new home instead of what I think it looks like - the aftermath of a tornado.

So, here we have the front. The landscaping was all replaced, so don't worry... we didn't get a place with dead trees and sod.
 front o house

As you enter, there's a long entryway. Right off the entryway are the extra bedrooms/bathroom. I have no idea what to do in those insets. Brian has suggested tapestries, but us deciding on ones we like might take a lifetime.

 entry way

So, the first "wing" has 3 bedrooms and a full bath. I don't plan to do much here since there will be two children to "decorate" it for me. I'll wait til they are older and we paint over whatever destruction they may cause.

 hall to bedrooms

 guest bedroom

 baby's room

 kaylee's room

The second "wing" consists of a 1/2 bath and the study. The study is where the tornado used most of it's energy. It's hard to walk in here. But, I have a plan to organize my stuff. It will just have to wait until Christmas. Ahhhh, the visions of scrapbooking drawers and shelves! I can't wait :)

 study

When you leave the study and go through the "rotunda", to the right, you'll find our ginormous garage. I have vowed to only allow us to use the 1/2 garage portion for storage. I have a plan for that, too. Currently, we have 2 sets of shelves. Kind of like what you would find at Lowes, but not nearly as awesome/big. We have set them up perpendicular - library style, as Brian calls it, which will allow us to fit one more unit in there. So far, this plan is working out nicely. I should be able to park my car in the garage by next weekend!

 garage

As you leave the garage, to the right there's a ginormous laundry room. So far, I have used my dryer once for 5 minutes to finish drying some PJs for Kaylee. It got COLD here last night. Otherwise, I have line dried everything. I'm almost excited to see our electric bill. HA! We've also managed to fit our deep freezer and the dog's stuff in here. It doesn't look near as large with all that in there, but again, I have a vision of a few shelves to help matters.

 laundry room

The dining room has no real use to us yet. Maybe when/if we start hosting parties/family functions, but for now, it's a playroom for Kaylee.
dining room

Ahhhh, my kitchen. I wish it would stay this clean on it's own! It's also ginormous, like everything else in this place... I'm starting to figure out my rhythm with it though.
 kitchen

 kitchen

Now we move into the pictures I took with all of our stuff in it. The living room and breakfast area are the two areas I want to begin my decorating venture. But, every idea I come up with conflicts with the other ideas I had before. I'd love an accent wall, but I'm not sure which one it should be. The right of the fireplace has a curved corner, so it's not going to be the best wall. The windows will have shutters installed within in the next month. Other than that, I'm at a loss.
living room

Here's the breakfast area. Clueless.
breakfast room

So, off the breakfast area is the master bedroom. Our bed/nightstands are against this wall. In the bayarea, I have a chaise and a little box table. No real plans to decorate in here for a while. At some point, I would like a nice cozy, romantic room.
master

This wall features our amoire.
 master

I've never seen a bathroom so big. It's literally bigger than Kaylee's bedroom.
 masterbath

One day, when I find the right piece, I'd like to put a dressing table with drawers in the middle to kind of break up the space.
masterbath

And, the end.... here's the backyard. We now have sod back here and have plans of a garden, shed and playscape area for the kids.
 backyard

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

3 comments:

Rain said...

Just beautiful Krystal!!! WOW!!!!!!

Adrianne said...

Beautiful home! Congrats and I can't wait to see the "after" pictures:)

Annaliese said...

(I am so far behind on your blog!) What about 3d wall art for the front hallway insets?

Like this: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17481134&RN=702&

and this? http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17449060&RN=2439&

Post a Comment