Just another reason....

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

water restrictions

Just another reason to set up some rain barrels and use them to collect the tiny bit of rain we get, but also to store grey water... we just installed sod - I'm not allowing it to die now...

In other news, I officially line dry everything! The only thing I don't like about this process is with towels, they are extremely scratchy once dried. I suspect this has to do with us having hard water and no softener. Hopefully, we can have one installed next year. Baby steps, ya'll...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the towels? Line dry them and then just pop them into the dryer for a few minutes and they will come out nice and fluffy AND still smellng ilke the outdoors! The best of both worlds! :) (this is CO by the way!)

Mr & Mrs T. said...

Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to line dry outdoors... so they still smell like my laundry room... but at least it's big enough for me to do this! :)

I'll try that... I can get over the scratchiness, but I imagine B will take issue with it at some point.

Rain said...

We didn't have a dryer growing up...so all of our towels were lined dried. My stepmother would crinkle them all in a tight ball, shake out really good, and then fold....seemed to work a little. I got a rain barrel last year...it has like an inch of water in it...had big aspirations for it!!

Mr & Mrs T. said...

I'm hoping to rig something for the bathtubs and sinks since rain is so hard to come by... here's hoping I get to it before I get even more pregnant/lazy.. teehee! :p

Rain said...

In California awhile back...there was a drought...and we took showers in buckets..and used buckets in the sinks and saved all the water to water plants. How fun :) I am being sarcastic...it was kind of a pain!

Mr & Mrs T. said...

I imagine it'll be a pain... but I also thought line drying would be as well... I dunno.. I'm trying to look at it as a lifestyle change... we really do waste a lot of water... homes should be built with grey water systems - especially ones in drought prone areas... I think I'm becoming a hippie.. lol

Post a Comment