Not.
So, Obama is trying to get re-elected. Good luck with that one, buddy. I try to stay very neutral when it comes to politics. Both parties are extremist and until they start compromising, things won't be getting any better. But this really takes the cake. My kids and grandkids are going to be suffering with inflated taxes rates. This money doesn't just disappear. SOMEONE has to pay for it. That someone is taxpayers! Money doesn't grow on trees, people. Healthcare won't be free. Nor will college. Stop trying to live that pipe dream already.
Student Loan 'Relief'
First of all, going to school is a CHOICE, so I think this bailout is ridiculous. Where do I think the problem really lies? In high school. There are not any courses that go through HOW to go to college. What I mean there is when I was thrown into the fire, I had no idea how to fill out a FASFA application. Heck, I didn't even know what it was for! They just said it was required. When it came to my parent's information, I lied and told them I didn't know where they were. Why? Because it wasn't my business to know how much my parents made. It wasn't anyone else's business either. AND, they weren't going to help pay for school, so this was not information they needed.
Ok. Now you have a student loan. What KIND of student loan do you have? Wait? There are different types? Oh yea, buddy... There's subsidized and unsubsidized and private. Can you consolidate them? What are the typical interest and repayment plans? Is there a deferment? What happens if you defer? What will that really cost me? Did I have any idea to ask these questions? No. And had I known to ask these questions, I would have never taken out a private loan.
Another problem? I knew what I wanted to be in my head, but was it achievable? I switched majors 4 times before I found something I thought would work because once I got in there, it was just not what I was looking for. I started in Computer Science and Programming. Then 3D Animation. Then I went into Multimedia and finally Visual Communications. Why did I switch all those times? I didn't truly understand what it took to get a CS degree. My first class was Calculus. I suck at math! When I got a 29 on my first test, my teacher told me to drop the class. I refused and went to tutoring before every class. I finished with an 89 in the class, but knew there would be many more math classes that I'd struggle through. And if I was struggling then - what would a career look like? The others were because I found that the market was saturated and that it would be hard to find a job. Visual Communications is broad. In the end, I taught myself how to code. So, technically, I didn't even need school.
I really think in this "How to go to college" class there needs to be a portion about a typical salary. Market expectations. Is the market flooded right now with people in that industry? Yes? Probably time to rethink things then. What will courses look like in your particular degree plan? What types of jobs could I get with my degree? I say go broad and find your specialty later because even if your specialty doesn't work out, you can still use your degree for something else. I don't know how many people are out there with degrees who aren't even using them! What a waste... that really, really sucks.
I think the class should be required. Even if you think you don't want to go to school after high school right away, you may decide later and that information will be invaluable.
Dear Government,
Stop bailing everyone and their dog out. It's not helping things. It's only making them worse in the long run.
Thank you,
Taxpayer
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment